Baptism Preparation Classes – Required
January 5, 2017
March 2, 2017
May 4, 2017
July 6, 2017
September 7, 2017 November 2, 2017
Classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 7-9 p.m. in the Saint Paul Church Social Hall or Newman Room. Call the Religious Education Office at 464-8502 to register. Contact the Church Office at 464-4831 to schedule a baptism. The baptism class date will be published in the Sunday Bulletin the two (2) weeks preceding the date of the class.
The following Spanish speaking baptism classes will be held on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. in the Saint Paul Church Newman Room:
February 19, 2017
April 16, 2017
June 18, 2017
August 20, 2017
October 15, 2017
December 17, 2017
Call the Hispanic Ministry office at 476-6289 to register for the baptism class and to schedule a baptism. The baptism class date will be published in the Sunday Bulletin the two (2) weeks preceding the date of the class.
Contact the parish office (464-4831) for more information and to schedule a baptism.
1. A Catholic Godparent is a practicing Catholic who has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation and is a registered member of a Roman Catholic Church.
2. The Catholic Church only requires one (1) Godparent be chosen for the Sacrament of Baptism.
3. It is suggested that you have one (1) Godmother and one (1) Godfather. In any event, you cannot have two (2) Godmothers and/or two (2) Godfathers.
4. The Godparent must be at least 16 years of age.
5. If married, a Godparent must be in a marriage recognized by the Catholic Church.
6. If a Catholic Godparent is not a member of Saint Paul Church, a written sponsor certificate is required from the Godparent’s pastor stating that the Godparent is qualified to act as a Godparent. This certificate must be received in the parish office no later than one week before the date of the scheduled baptism.
7. In addition to a Catholic Godparent, a Christian Witness is permitted. In order to fulfill this role:
a. The Christian Witness must be a baptized Christian (i.e., Lutheran, Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, etc.).
b. The Christian Witness must be a member in good standing in his/her Christian Church.
c. Non-Christians cannot fulfill the role of a Christian Witness, since they have not been initiated into the Christian community through baptism.
8. A baptized adult Catholic who no longer practices their faith in the Roman Catholic Church cannot act as a Godparent, since they do not fulfill the criteria listed above.
9. A baptized adult Catholic who no longer practices their faith in the Roman Catholic Church cannot act as a Christian Witness, since they do not fulfill the criteria listed above.